Elementary Teacher Needed In Hawaii

Take your teaching career to Hawaii! Teach Away is accepting applications from teachers for fantastic opportunities in the islands of Hawaii.

More about this opportunity:

  • The Hawaii State Department of Education (HIDOE) is the ninth-largest U.S. School District and the only statewide educational system in the country
  • HIDOE is comprised of 256 public schools, serving 180,000 students across six islands
  • HIDOE is looking for teachers who are caring, competent, effective, and committed to obtaining the best results for their students
  • There are six major islands in Hawaii: Kauai, Oahu, Molokai, Lanai, Maui and the island of Hawaii
  • The greatest demand for teachers occurs in more remote/rural areas such as, Hana Complex, Keaau Complex, Lanai Complex, Molokai Complex, Kau Complex, Nanakuli Complex, Pahoa Complex, and Waianae Complex.


location Hawaii, West, USA
Start Date July 2019
Contract Length 1 Year
Eligible Candidates Licensed Teacher, University Graduate
Student Level Early Childhood, Elementary
Number of Vacancies 50

Job Benefits

  • Paid Sick Leave: 10-month full-time employees in service on the first work day of the school year shall have 18 days of sick leave credited at the beginning of the school year
  • Health Benefits: Benefits are offered by the Employer-Union Health Benefits Trust Fund (EUTF).
  • There is a $2,000 (taxable) bonus for licensed teachers employed at schools that are not designated hard-to-staff
  • There is a $3,000 (taxable) bonus for licensed teachers employed in geographical areas and campuses that are considered hard-to-staff locations: Hana Complex, Keaau Complex, Lanai Complex, Molokai Complex, Kau Complex, Nanakuli Complex, Pahoa Complex, and Waianae Complex

Qualifications and Requirements

Required Certificates Teaching Credential/License
Education Required Bachelor
Major Elementary Education
Additional Requirements
To qualify for a teaching position with the Hawaii Department of Education individuals must have earned a bachelor’s degree and completed a State Approved Teacher Education Program from a regionally accredited college/university which includes student teaching in an elementary through high school setting.  Applicants must also be legally authorized to work in the United States as a US citizen, US permanent resident, or in the US with a valid Employment Authorization Document (EAD).

Other ways in which you may qualify is if you:

  • completed a state approved alternative licensure program
  • have a standard license and have taught under that license for three out of the last seven years in the state that issued the license
  • completed a teacher education program in another country for which transcripts have been evaluated by an acceptable foreign credential evaluation service
RELATED :  Doctor Told Mother Of Quadruplets To Choose Two To Live, Two To Die From Her Quadruplets..


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *